The Senior cycle of Colaiste Eoin caters for young people in the age range of 15 – 18 years. The programmes available at senior cycle include:
- Transition Year
- Established Leaving Certificate
- Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme
Students spend up to three years in senior cycle. They may opt to follow a Transition Year Programme before a two-year Leaving Certificate or follow a two-year Leaving Certificate programme immediately after Junior Certificate.
Features of Coláiste Eoin’s senior cycle education provide for:
- Equal treatment of male and female students in terms of curriculum provision and choice, programme ethos, range of experience and course content
- A balanced education
- Facility for recurrent education, particularly for mature students who may wish to take a limited number of subjects for examination in a given year.
- Courses that are challenging for all students with due allowance for variations in aptitudes and abilities
- Courses set out in terms of the knowledge, understanding, skills, competencies and attitudes that are to be expected as outcomes
- A pattern of school administration and organisation that will encourage student responsibility, self-discipline, critical thinking and self and group-directed learning.
Subjects on offer meet the variety of needs and interests of students and include subjects from the science(s), languages, business and practical fields, together with core subjects such as English, Irish & Maths.
LEAVING CERTIFICATE COURSEWORK
The following table indicates the projects or coursework that students of Leaving Certificate must complete in different subject areas and the weighting percentage.
|Subject||Starting Date||Finishing Date||Percentage Marks||Coursework Type|
|Construction Studies||October||April||25%||Project and folder|
|Design and Communication Graphics||November||February||40%||CAD design & sketching project|
|Engineering||November||March||25%||Project and folder|