Coláiste Eoin School Plan 2016-2019
The Board of Management has agreed to prioritise the following actions as areas of school improvement for the coming three years (September 2016- September 2019). The Board is conscious of the school self -evaluation exercise that is ongoing within the school and from which these priorities are generated.
- Literacy – that the school pursue an improvement plan in tandem with the national strategy re: literacy improvement as per Department of Education & Skills guidelines.
- Numeracy – as above.
- Wellbeing – as highlighted as a priority area under strand three of our school self-evaluation process.
- Implementation of the New Junior Cycle Framework as per Circular Letter 0024/2016.
- Administration of Standardised Testing as per Department of Education & Skills Guidelines.
- Maintaining high standards of teaching and learning with a focus on positive student behaviour in classes.
- Integrating IT as a teaching and learning tool across the curriculum with the development and updating of IT facilities and the further development of VSware.
- Update & Maintenance of School Website.
- Development of a school / home communications facility and information hub regarding all aspects of student behaviour and achievement and progress within the school –e.g. through VSware.
- Updating the school policy checklist as per all legislative and ETB requirements.
- To continue to forge strong links with the local parish and local communities.
- To strengthen the role of the student leadership body within the school.
- To strengthen the role of the parent leadership body within the school.
- Promote Continuous Professional Development of staff:
- Subject Planning
- Role of class tutor
- ICT training for teachers
- Assessment for Learning Approaches
- Building & Maintenance Programme
- Introduce an in-out entrance & exit system to the school grounds.
- Upgrade Electrical Works in the Main School Building & PE Hall.